clock/bogomips in cpuinfo

/* Vinai */ vroopcha at post.its.mcw.edu
Thu Mar 18 07:13:24 EST 1999

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Tim Carroll wrote:

}It works great and on the first try with Paul M's stock 2.2.1 kernel, but
}a peek at /proc/cpuinfo tells me clock : 195MHZ and bogomips : 403.87.

I get almost the same result with my 604e/233 MHz card in my 7500, i.e.
the /proc/cpuinfo says 195 MHz, but the BogoMips says 466 (IIRC).  In
MacOS, the CPU and bus speeds are what they are supposed to be.

This has not affected anything I am doing, so I did not bother too much
with it.  But I guess this is not something peculiar to my machine or
card, as I first thought ...

vinai