clock/bogomips in cpuinfo

Tim Carroll tim at radcom.org
Wed Mar 17 22:48:03 EST 1999

Greetings,

I just received a long-awaited CPU upgrade for my 9500.

It's the MacTell PowerJolt 400mHz/200mHz bus with 1024K cache.

It works great and on the first try with Paul M's stock 2.2.1 kernel, but
a peek at /proc/cpuinfo tells me clock : 195MHZ and bogomips : 403.87.

I'm a curious of what these terms might mean in this context and if it
would be possible to effectively adjust these as settings somewhere.

Otherwise I would appreciate any pointers to discussions of the dynamics
of G3 upgrade configuration or terminology, if these exist.

Thank you,

Tim Carroll