SAP R/3 under LinuxPPC!!!

Christen Andreas Andreas.Christen at gr.admin.ch
Wed Mar 3 17:25:32 EST 1999

We are thinking of running SAP R/3 Applicationservers under Linux in the
near future. As a user of LinuxPPC I will, if possible, try to convince
management to buy Macs instead of Intels as performance will be higher. So
does anyone know or has already tried out a SAP-Kit for Linux? Or any ftp
site where I could grab a beta-version? What about Oracle 8.x for Linux,
does this work under LinuxPPC?? Where can I find this? I know SAP is under
construction and will be available in the 3rd quarter..but I'm afraid maybe
only for Intels.
Any news or commentary is very much appreciated!

Thanks, Andreas

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Andreas Christen             Sysadmin Unix-R/3-Oracle
RUAG Suisse                  Feuerwerkerstr. 39
CH-3602 Thun                 Switzerland
Phones:++41
Work           Fax           Pager
33 2282479     33 2283039    74 0324624
Work:      andreas.christen at gr.admin.ch
Private:  aendu_vero at datacomm.ch
Knowing languages may bring you love and happiness.
It'll enrich your life and widen your horizon.
Think about it...I know why!!