[Q] PowerStack installimage

Kazunori Aoshima aoshimak at mail.cc.tohoku.ac.jp
Sun Jun 27 04:14:30 EST 1999

Hi.

Now I make kernel and bootimages for R5.
I compiled kernel-2.2.1 with prep_fb.patch, and
I would like to add zImage to "Linux1999installer.bin" as a
"ramdisk.image.gz".

I make installer without fb_patch, error occurs when booting visual
installer, with framebuffer errors.
But, with fb_patch, another error, likes "ramdisk is not proper image",
occurs when change from zImage to visual installer.

I have to change libraries or compilers?
Or I should use more newer kernels? If so, how to patch framebuffers?

I would so appreciate if you take me some ideas.

I use these sources:
 linux-2.2.1
 prep_fb.patch
 Linux1999.installer.bin (Rename to "ramdisk.image.gz")

Environment:
PowerStack MT
LinuxPPC R4 pure install environment.

Thanks.
Kaz Aoshima = PReP station
Material deveropment, Faculty of engineering,
Tohoku University, Japan
E-mail:aoshimak at mail.cc.tohoku.ac.jp
#I am appreciate if you could tell me suggestions
 for my bad English expressions.