EM86 port for LinuxPPC?

Brad Boyer flar at cegt201.bradley.edu
Sat Jun 12 09:08:00 EST 1999

> And then there is bochs, which is a complete PC emulator, and which
> certainly could be modularized:
>
> http://www.bochs.org
>
> It reaches the speed of a 2 MHz 486 on my 300 MHz G3, so it's not
> exactly a viable option for running x86 binaries on PPC.

In addition to being slow, it's also not free.  In any sense of the
word.  Bochs is shareware last I checked, so you're supposed to pay
for it if you use it.  The source code is available, but the license
didn't even resemble open source from what I could tell.  We might be
able to get a few hints from it, but we'd be in trouble if we used
anything directly...

		Brad Boyer
		flar at cegt201.bradley.edu