2.2.9 patch for Motorola support.

David De Ridder david.de.ridder at bitsmart.com
Wed Jun 9 02:26:08 EST 1999

I have a suggestion for your PRePboot patches. (I don't know whether you've
already incorporated it in the latest patch, since I don't have access to
the patched source tree right now).

It's something that could make people using root NFS on MVME boards (like
the MVME230x series) happy and their lives easier ;-)

You could do something like (in pseudo-C) :

#ifdef CONFIG_ROOT_NFS
 strcpy(kernelarguments,"console=ttyS0 root=/dev/nfs");
#else
 strcpy(kernelarguments,"console=ttyS0");
#endif

As I said, I don't have the sources right now, but I think
you see what I mean. This way people who use NFS for their
root file system do not have to type "root=/dev/nfs".
It's hardly a 'patch', but it could make life easier...

Kind regards,

  David 'Septimus' De Ridder       <david.de.ridder at bitsmart.com>

"I want you to find happiness."
 - Marilyn Monroe in 'Gentlemen prefer Blondes'