2.2.9 patch for Motorola support.

Matt Porter mporter at phx.mcd.mot.com
Tue Jun 8 10:19:42 EST 1999

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 1999, Matt Porter wrote:
>

> > Below is a cumulative patch versus official 2.2.9 to support Motorola
> > boards.  Fixes OpenPIC irq handling, kbd controllerless board support, and
> > initrd relocation.
>
> Fine, butif you set CONFIG_VT to off the kernel won't link.
> BTW why don't you set CONFIG_VT to off for machines without KB
> controller ?

To fit in with the Debian dist I needed a PReP kernel image that can
handle ser_con, vga_con, and fb_con so something works on all systems out
of the box. I've since changed my VT-based hack to a more generic method
using the keyboard presence flag that is set in prep_pci.c.  This solves
the build problem with the old method...

--
Matt Porter				Motorola Computer Group
mporter at mcg.mot.com			Real Time Software Support