2.2.9 patch for Motorola support.

Gabriel Paubert paubert at iram.es
Mon Jun 7 22:18:48 EST 1999

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Matt Porter wrote:

> Below is a cumulative patch versus official 2.2.9 to support Motorola
> boards.  Fixes OpenPIC irq handling, kbd controllerless board support, and
> initrd relocation.

Fine, butif you set CONFIG_VT to off the kernel won't link.
BTW why don't you set CONFIG_VT to off for machines without KB
controller ?

I have put some new patches which work at least on my mvme2600 at:

	ftp://vlab1.iram.es/pub/linux-2.2/mvme2600.*patch-2.2.9

note that prepboot now reconfigures Raven/Falcon (Hawk ?) boards to use
a CHRP mapping, this allows me to use only 2 BATS to access all PCI I/O,
VGA memory, chipset registers (and Flash if it were necessary) and
still have about 450 Mb for VME windows through the Universe.

The only drawback is that DMA to 1st megabyte of memory does not work,
this is not a problem as long as kernels are big enough to never put any
DMA buffer in this area.

	Gabriel.