some progress: opening display /platinum at F8000000... failed

Paul Mackerras paulus at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 19 12:26:35 EST 1999

Paul Barrette <barretp at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> NB it gave me the same problem! opening display /platinum at F8000000... failed

That message is a bit of a red herring, all it is telling you is that
OF doesn't have a method for initializing the platinum, but you knew
that anyway.  It just means that you can't use the video=ofonly
option.

There are some problems with the platinumfb driver.  Mark Abene posted
a message recently with a better version of the platinumfb driver.

Paul.