linux-pmac 2.2.10: media bay panics on PBG3

Joseph Palani Garcia jpgarcia at execpc.com
Fri Jul 9 04:10:36 EST 1999

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Peter Handel wrote:

> Looks like it's time to bust out "diff" ... You could write a quick
> /bin/sh script that does something like:
>
> for DFILE in `find /usr/src/linux-1 -name \* -print`; do
>   diff $DFILE /usr/src/linux-2/$DFILE # > $DFILE.diff
> done
>
> (uncomment the > $DFILE.diff if you want the diffs in a file instead
> of to stdout)
>
> ...although I bet they're just different ac releases of 2.2.10.

Even easier, use diff -r for recursive.  to get the kind of output we are
used to in rcs and general patch files, use the -u switch also.

so to compare 2 kernels or dirs in general, use
diff -ru dir.orij dir.new > dir.patch

and if you feel the need to ever apply these changes to another similar
directory (like your personal changes to a 2.2.10 and try to apply to a
2.2.11) ,just change to that kernel's dir, and type patch -p1 < dir.patch
and it will apply it as best it can.

--

Joseph Garcia
Madison, WI