OF and NetBooting

Tom Rini tmrini at ntplx.net
Fri Feb 12 11:10:08 EST 1999

Hello,
  After playing around a bit more with my iMac, I was wondering if anyone
knew just what was going on here..  First, I've gotten the iMac to
NFS-boot with BootX, and verified that bootp is setup right (ie it sets up
the network, and I can tftp in the file from OF).  However, when I try and
load a kernel from OF (either hd:vmlinux or enet:0,vmlinux) I get CLAIM
failed.  Has anyone gotten past this?  I'm thinking it might be something
we do really early on, as netbsd does boot (enet:0,netbsd.generic)

---
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://dobbstown.yeti.edu/