R5 Install (Mostly) Successful on PBG3

root hughc at babcockbrown.com
Fri Feb 12 07:39:07 EST 1999

I am able to install pre-R5 on my G3 Series laptop again, using the
latest RPMS from mirror.  I used Martin Costabel's "big" ramdisk image
and a 2.1.125 kernel.

There were a few failures during intstall.  The main problem I have is
that RPM doesn't work; any attempt to use it returns an error
"//var/lib/rpm/nameindex.rpm: Invalid argument"

Is it the double slash at the beginning of that line?  Where is it
getting that path?  Using --dbpath doesn't seem to help...

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley, System Administrator
Babcock & Brown, Inc., San Francisco