v2.2.1 and serial fixes

BenH bh40 at calva.net
Thu Feb 11 00:20:25 EST 1999

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999, Brian C Burke <bcburke at socrates.berkeley.edu> wrote:

>Over the last few weeks I seen reference to BenH fixing some serial driver
>bugs that may be involved in ppp hangs. I grapped the 2.2.1 kernel in hopes
>that these fixes were incorporated. Unfortunatelly I'm still finding ppp
>connections often hang and the only fix is to reboot. If I boot into
>mklinux ppp is stone reliable, so the problem is in linuxppc  Were the
>serial fixes incorporated in 2.2 or do I need to get the latest sources?

I'm not 100% sure I have have fixed _all_ the problems, but PPP works
reliably for me using the internal modem of the PowerBook. The fixes are
currently in vger or in Paul's kernel. I beleive the binary snapshot on
samba.anu.edu.au do have them. Are you using a kernel.org kernel distrib
? This one may lack the latest PPC patches.
--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>