v2.2.1 and serial fixes

Brian C Burke bcburke at socrates.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 10 19:44:20 EST 1999

I posted this over the weekend but got no response so I'll try again.

Over the last few weeks I seen reference to BenH fixing some serial driver
bugs that may be involved in ppp hangs. I grapped the 2.2.1 kernel in hopes
that these fixes were incorporated. Unfortunatelly I'm still finding ppp
connections often hang and the only fix is to reboot. If I boot into
mklinux ppp is stone reliable, so the problem is in linuxppc  Were the
serial fixes incorporated in 2.2 or do I need to get the latest sources?

Brian