L2CR

BenH bh40 at calva.net
Tue Feb 9 22:02:08 EST 1999

The up-to-date l2cr code should be in vger now, we disabled the
command-line option for now (it required changes in non-arch specific
sources, and we wanted to avoid this because of the merge). The l2cr
value can still be passed by BootX using the device-tree. Just open bootx
preferences with resedit, add an "L2CR" resource ID 0 which is 4 bytes
long, and stuff your L2CR value in it. This will enable the "Set G3
cache" option in BootX.

Future version of PowerLogix software may be able to set BootX
Preferences directly. I'll write a tool for capturing MacOS current L2CR
value real soon now.

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>