LinuxPPC on MVME 2306 board

Gabriel Paubert paubert at iram.es
Sat Feb 6 00:59:44 EST 1999

	Hi David,

I've just put a fiel with a kernel which boots with root on NFS on my
machine (MVME2601), it is at:

        ftp://vcorr1.iram.es/pub/linux-2.2/zImage.nfsroot-2.2.1

at the prompt on the serial line, you have to type:

Linux/PPC load: console=ttyS0 root=/dev/nfs

actually you only have to type the last parameter since console=ttyS0 is
automagically added when no graphics board is found.

        Gabriel.
P.S: of course you've to setup a bootp server and an NFS server. We can
discuss further privately about init scripts ans so on...