CDROM driver bug?

Sean Harding sharding at gutenberg.uoregon.edu
Wed Feb 3 13:23:10 EST 1999

I'm having some trouble with the CD driver in the current (2.2.1) kernel.
I have an "enhanced CD" which it won't play as an audio CD. xmcd can
access it enough to identify it with CDDB, but clicking 'play' produces
this message in the log:

Feb  2 18:15:29 juliet kernel: sr0: CDROM (ioctl) error, command:
UNKNOWN(0x47) 00 00 00 02 00 45 1d 08 00
Feb  2 18:15:29 juliet kernel: extra data not valid Current error sr00:00:
sense key Blank Check
Feb  2 18:15:29 juliet kernel: Additional sense indicates Illegal mode for
this track

cdp says:

play(150,312674)
                msf = 0:2:0 69:28:74
                                    CDROMPLAYMSF: I/O error

Since this disc works properly in every other player and OS I've tried, my
best guess is that it is a bug in the CD driver code. I have an Apple 8x
CDROM drive (the 1200i, I believe).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

sean

--