EGCS upgrade?

Beecher Greenman rbg6038 at ritvax.isc.rit.edu
Wed Feb 3 16:10:04 EST 1999

OK, an update. I managed to find the patched EGCS upgrade RPM's from
gary's section of the linuxppc.org ftp site. I installed them (and most
of the other stuff in there) and it all works fine.

Problem is, I still can't find any libstdc++ anywhere on my hard drive.
Lots of symlinks to it, to be sure (actually they're all looking for
libstdc++.so.2.8.0) but no library itself. Any clues on where to find it?
Might I be able to compile it out of the egcs-1.1.1 sources without any
trouble (my guess is no)? Not being able to use Netscape is beginning to
get annoying...

On an unrelated topic, I've noticed that about half the time I try to
shut down, I get a message saying "/ is busy" when the system tries to
umnount it. This, of course, makes fsck VERY unhappy when I try to
reboot, and I have to sit and listen to it whine (it only ever finds one
error; a single deleted inode with zero dtime, and it's always the same
one, which is fine when rebooting if the unmount succeeded before). Any
idea on what might be causing that one? Thanks!

LinuxPPC R4 (kernel 2.2.0pre2) on a G3/300 Desktop, 128 megs ram, 128
megs swap, 2gig root.

-Beecher Greenman