lost Button2 in upgrade to 2.2.10

brad allison jackal at aol.net
Sun Aug 29 05:17:30 EST 1999

I booted back into 2.2.10 to give this another try.

I'm using kernel 2.2.10-rev2-mol.

I'm using the XKB Patched:
	/usr/lib/X11/xkb/compat/mousekeys
	/usr/lib/X11/xkb/geometry/macintosh
	/usr/lib/X11/xkb/keycodes/macintosh
	/usr/lib/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh/us
	/etc/X11/XF86Config

I'm using:
	/etc/sysconfig/mouse-2.2.10
	/etc/sysconfig/keyboard-2.2.10

I have a Logitech MouseMan Wheel USB.

I boot into 2.2.10, everything works except Mouse Button2 is no longer
recognized.  xev doesn't even get anything back from pressing Button2.
It worked fine in 2.2.6.

I run /usr/sbin/mouseconfig.  It's set for Bus 1, 3 button emulation.

If I save the changes with mouseconfig it overwrites /etc/sysconfig/mouse
back to "BusMouse" instead of "IMPS/2".

Any ideas why Mouse Button2 would not work with 2.2.10 but works with
2.2.6?

-b