serial port with 31250B ?

Wolfgang Haeuptli haeuptli at x8.net
Sat Aug 28 08:56:50 EST 1999

Hello everybody

How can I set the serial communications rate to 31250 b ?
stty only accepts the baud rates defined in asm/termio.h (19200 or 38400
etc.).
If there's no utility for this purpose, could anybody give me a hint how
to do this (driver for asynchronous comm. with arbitrary baud rates
...?)

The reason for this question: the midi protocol uses this rate. With it,
linuxppc could probably finally use music software based on midi.

Thanks

Wolfgang