BootX enhancement request

David A. Gatwood dgatwood at mvista.com
Tue Aug 24 07:10:59 EST 1999

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Jerry Quinn wrote:

> Probably more to the point, we should strive to provide some easy way of doing
> it.  How do MacOS and Windows deal with the problem of different monitors and
> resolutions?  I know on the Mac so far, I automatically get the available
> resolutions, although Apple-style monitors have extra sense pins to provide
> the info.
>
> Ideally, I shouldn't have to ever think about my monitor or have to add
> command line args to the kernel.  Such twiddling should be as rare as
> possible.

Feel free to look at the code MkLinux hass to read the sense pins....
Granted, it's not actually being _used_ for anything, since MkLinux
doesn't change resolution, but it's there in the original PDM video
driver.  There will obviously be differences for other video hardware, but
it _might_ at least provide some useful inspiration or something.

David