[ANNC] New release of PlanB

Guillaume Laures GoM at Taygeta.gom.dorm.org.cybercable.fr
Tue Apr 6 07:26:16 EST 1999

On  4 Avr, Guillaume Laures wrote:

> Anyway I must report that I had several crashes recently (actually 3 in
> a week, which is definitely much for linux) since I upgraded to 2.2.5,
> with the planb as well. I have only controlfb in the kernel on a
> 8600/250 and use the XFB, and i get hard locks when switching quickly
> beetwen X and console.
> Don't know to what it could be related to. Can other people comment on
> this ?

I might add that I run Login.app as X starter, and it is not really
reliable (sometimes X is frozen, Login.app takes 90% of CPU and all I
can do is telnet from another machine, su and kill it).
This may more likely be my problem.

BTW, for people looking into raid, I can provide a patch for 2.2.5. I
don't send it right now cause it includes planB as well...

--
---
Guillaume Laurès laures at esiea.fr