changes to the kernel

VALETTE Eric valette at crf.canon.fr
Thu Dec 10 21:56:20 EST 1998

>>>>> "Cort" == Cort Dougan <cort at persephone.cs.nmt.edu> writes:

Cort> Please try out the latest one.  In cvs and a compiled prep image at
Cort> ftp://linuxppc.cs.nmt.edu/pub/linuxppc/kernel-images/zImage

I have tried it on a machine were I use serial line as console :

No output after the ppcbug "niot" messages. I may comes only from the fact
that I have no output BUT i tried ping on the machine and it failed.

After testing on a machine with a Video board, I found that the old bug
for inflates failling was still here (with the wrong output message).

Inflates returns %d... I will send a patch enabling to print decimal
as well... NB : this bug has been reported by alois on the mailling list
with a fix and I have reposted the fix.

=> I'm not able to test anything. Did you update the CVS tree??? In that case
I may regenrate the zImage myself.

Cort> I just added the ide changes for prep.  I want to get this image tested on
Cort> all the archs just to make sure things are cleaned up for prep.

As pointed and explained the changes will break the MCP750 anyway. I would
suggest alois to enable (or write) support the WINDBOND specific ISA bridge
mapping instead of modifying code used by every board.

-- eric