changes to the kernel

VALETTE Eric valette at crf.canon.fr
Fri Dec 11 19:36:45 EST 1998

>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Porter <mmporter at home.com> writes:

Matt> On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Cort Dougan wrote:

>> Can someone tell me about this mcp750 thing?  Ian Hewitt at the Motorola
>> booth mentioned something about them at the Atlanta conference but I
>> haven't seen one or info on them.  Anyone feeling generous with info or
>> pointers?

Matt> It a Compact PCI SBC w/ a MPC750 MPU and all the usual I/O and interfaces
Matt> you would come to expect from a Motorola board.  It's very similar to an
Matt> MVME2700 except it has a DEC Drawbridge for PCI->CPCI backplane bus
Matt> whereas the MVME boards have a Universe II for PCI->VME backplane bus.

The main difference is the PCI/ISA bridge compared to the 2700 : VIA 82586
(doc available on VIA site) insteda of winbond...

--eric