kirkwood devicetree respin

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Mar 21 21:09:40 EST 2012

On Wednesday 21 March 2012, Haojian Zhuang wrote:
> The driver isn't used by any other platform. It's only used in
> arch-pxa & arch-mmp.
>
> I can't find the original mail. But I remembered that maintainer said
> the driver should be built with any other platform, even with x86. So
> we aren't allowed to append it in Kconfig.

I generally make the recommendation that any driver should be able to
get built on any system. However, in this particular case, it's clearly
a bug, because you cannot build it together with another platform driver.

That will change when we get to multiplatform builds on ARM that where we
actually need to find a way to make that possible.

	Arnd