Device tree backporting for ARM on 2.6.32 kernel

Pankaj Pandey pankaj.embedded at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 02:44:25 EST 2012

Dear All,

We are working on device tree backporting from  3.0 kernel   to
2.6.32-kernel.
We have backported the device tree support for arm on 2.6.32. It is able to
read machine name,
memory size and command line parameter from devicetree file for arm based
target board.
But it failed to read drivers related data from device tree.

During  debugging I found that device tree is located at 0xC1000000 upto
4KB on
main memory and that data getting memset to 0 by alloc_bootmem_core(
mm/bootmem.c)
in its first call.  And its later call of  alloc_bootmem_core  write  some
junk data at 0xC1000000
device tree memory location. Due to this corrupted Devicetree data kernel
failed to
read drivers details.

I highly appreciate if you can suggest me some pointer that how we can
avoid memset to 0 of
Device tree memory(0x1000000 upto 4KB). Please let me know if you need more
detail update.

Thanks in Advance !!

Thanks and Regards,
Pankaj Pandey