Appended devicetree with Torvalds' HEAD

Nicolas Pitre nicolas.pitre at linaro.org
Tue Sep 20 01:04:23 EST 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Linus Walleij wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Nicolas Pitre <nicolas.pitre at linaro.org> wrote:
>
> > What I do to thest it here is along those lines:
> >
> >        make <whatever_foo_defconfig_you_want>
> >        make zImage
> >        cat foobar.dtb >> arch/arm/boot/zImage
> >        make uImage
>
> BTW this sequence does not work, and that is why I wrote the patch
> attaching the DTB from a specified file in the first place.

I tell you it works.  You need my full patch series (which is in RMK's
devel-stable now).

> After you have issued "cat foobar.dtb >> arch/arm/boot/zImage"
> and you issue "make uImage" the zImage is rebuilt and
> overwrites your zImage, since the timestamp changes.

The zImage timestamp changes to a later time, so there is no reason for
it to be rebuilt as its dependencies still are older.  A separate issue
caused it to be rebuilt all the time, but I included a patch to fix
that.

Nicolas