[ccan] CCAN status update

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Tue Mar 18 22:59:25 EST 2008

Hi all,

   Well, we got accepted for Google Summer of Code, we'll see if we get any good project proposals.  You can see some of the idea proposals I came up with here:

	http://ccan.ozlabs.org/gsoc.html

   Most of the things we need are webby glue kind of things, to enable contributions and use of CCAN.  Don't feel you have to be a SoC student to hack on any of them!

   In other news, I completed one module recently: typesafe_cb - macros for safe callbacks (ie. avoiding void *).  I am working on a hashing module (either Bob Jenkins' lookup3 or murmur hash) and an allocator module (for allocating within a region like a mmap'ed file).  The latter is checked in, but still a work in progress.

More modules welcome!

Cheers,
Rusty.