[ccan] some questions about ccan of gsoc 2008

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Sun Mar 23 16:05:19 EST 2008

On Tuesday 18 March 2008 16:21:13 you wrote:
> Hi all:

Hi!

> here are my several questions about ccan of gsoc :
> 1,According to the idea list,it seems that what we students should do
> are build just like a platform or framwork to maintenance the ccan module,
> and not necessary the author of the ccan module.
> Am I right?

Yes, although we expect that creating new modules will inevitably be a
side-effect of whatever they choose to implement.

> 2,I browsed all the web pages and I can not find some ccan module, where
> are they?

There are some early modules under repo/ (there's also some tools there, which
will be separated out as we clean up the layout).

> 3,To complete the functions of the idea, it seems that i should do some
> work under the code from the link:
> http://ccan.ozlabs.org/repo/
> does it have a tar or gzip format which can be downloaded easily?

  You can download the whole thing using the targz or zip links:

	http://ccan.ozlabs.org/repo/?cmd=inventory

(I only got this working last night, so please report bugs!).

> 4,Is Bazaar are the code version management tool when we are coding? and
> what's the detail relationship about the ccan project?

I chose bazaar as a nice way to do distributed development.  I imagine many
people will want to simply download (and upload) tarballs, but it's also nice
to have the ability to review the entire repository offline.

I imagine when we've got our infrastructure in a good state, most users won't
know or care what we're using to store the code.

Hope that helps,
Rusty.