[ccan] CCAN status update

Adam Kennedy adamkennedybackup at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 23:10:17 EST 2008

Since we've been accepted as a mentor org, I've been looking more into
the current repo.

One thing we really need is some intro docs on how to get started, which
I'll admit I need more than other people since I'm not a C native. It
also would help me understand the workflow you are currently using.

It's probably also time to look at doing a repository refactor as well,
to start to conceptually separate a few things we've currently got
munged together.

For example, we currently don't separate the repository state of
packages from the release state.

That's fine for now, but it's something we probably need to look at
fairly soon.

I have to say I'm also not a huge fan of bzr either (I know you wanted
to try it out because it was a version control you hadn't tried yet) :)

Mostly, that's because I hate 1. Email 2. Patch files 3. Not having lots
of people able to commit to trunk 4. Not having a decent Win32 gui that
I can find.

Mostly, I hate it because I can't see a simple way to refactor the
layout of the repository easily by anyone other than you :)

And we probably need to start deepen the tree a bit.

Adam K