[Cbe-oss-dev] Good resources for PS3 linux

Akira Tsukamoto akira-t at s9.dion.ne.jp
Sun Feb 3 21:33:38 EST 2013

Hi,

When I was working for this project, we spent huge amount of resources for writing instructions of programming Cell/B.E. in easy documentation for hoping for attract programmers to write codes on Cell/B.E.

The programming documentation used to be uploaded here but it is gone now.
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-linux-docs/ps3-linux-docs-08.06.09/

So please download,
ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/Sony-PS3/distro-kit/CELL-Linux-CL_20080609-ADDON.iso

and open this page.
doc/CellProgrammingPrimer.html

The best chapter which was about how to write SPE programming effectively without requiring tedious coding was not able to disclose, so the following was created as equivalent.

ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/Sony-PS3/mars/latest/mars-docs-1.1.5/html/index.html

I hope this information is useful.

Akira Tsukamoto

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:23:21 -0800
Mike Acton <macton at cellperformance.com> mentioned: