[Cbe-oss-dev] No otheros feature on new PS3 slim ?

Mike Koughan bus33boy at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 13:13:29 EST 2010

To whomever this reaches --

I apologize for this unsolicited message.  My name is mike koughan, and I am attempting to get clarification about a message that Geoffrey Levand posted on February 27, 2010, linked below:

http://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/cbe-oss-dev/2010-February/007202.html

My question is about the quoted material from "Sony Management" contained within the message.  Geoff's post is from February of this year, but the quote is from August of 2009.  Was that quote provided to Mr. Levand as a result of an inquiry made in February of this year (and the August quote was provided as a form reply) or was the August information received by Mr. Levand back in August, and as a result of something in February he "dug it out" from his files?

Obviously, this isn't any concern of Mr. Levands, and if he is reading this then I understand if you choose to simply disregard this message.  But I've been trying to learn more about what has happened with the decision to remove the OtherOS support from the PS3, and this posting has raised a confusing issue.  Any information that Mr. Levand could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Mike Koughan