[Cbe-oss-dev] No otheros feature on new PS3 slim ?

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Sat Feb 27 05:59:38 EST 2010

Hi All,

On 02/26/2010 04:30 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 09:58 -0700, geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com wrote:
>> The feature of "Install Other OS" was removed from the new
>> "Slim" PS3 model to focus on delivering games and other
>> entertainment content.
>>
>> Please be assured that SCE is committed to continue
>> the support for previously sold models that have the
>> "Install Other OS" feature and that this feature will
>> not be disabled in future firmware releases.
>
> Although it's disappointing that Sony have removed the feature from new
> models, It's good to have this public assurance from Sony that at least
> the feature won't be removed from older models which are already
> working.

Please understand that in my position as PS3-Linux maintainer
I can really only provide users with technical support for
Linux and the LV1 hcall interface.

The text above was provided to me by SCE management.  If
you have any questions regarding it or any other feature
of the PS3 please contact the Playstation Customer Support
in your country.  Using Playstation Customer Support will
insure your inquiry is processed through the correct
channels within SCE.