[Cbe-oss-dev] USB sound recording issue

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Sat Feb 14 12:18:35 EST 2009

On 02/13/2009 01:54 PM, Andrew Friedley wrote:
> Geoff Levand wrote:
>> - ps3_defconfig + CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=y + CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=n
>
> I did and lsmod and noticed 'ehci_hcd' was loaded somehow, not sure
> where that module came from.

I guess it is a stale .ko left from an old build.  Before building
the kernel delete all the old modules:

	rm -rf ${target}/lib/modues/2.6.28-${whatever}

> I rmmod'd, and now I can arecord as many
> times as I want!

You should use 'modprobe -r', rmmod will not always do the right
thing.

Seems it could be a problem with the ehci driver?

>> And try some of these:
>>
>> - just your device, no other USB devices (run from ssh session)
>> - USB 1.0 HUB + your device, no other USB devices (run from ssh session)
>
> I don't have access to a USB 1.0 hub; the closest thing I have is a
> monitor with a 2.0 hub and builtin card reader.  If I connect the preamp
> to the hub, and the hub to the PS3, behavior doesn't change.

Right, PS3 already has a 2.0 hub inside it, so you wouldn't see any change.
Please try with an old 1.0 hub if you can.