[Cbe-oss-dev] MARS problems on Fedora 12

Alistair Low alistair.low at fusemail.com
Thu Dec 24 21:51:28 EST 2009

On 23/12/2009 01:36, Yuji Mano wrote:
> Aren't all the samples failing for you then? (not just 'hello' and 'barrier')
Sorry, I should have said that those were the only ones I've tried. I
initially came across the problem when debugging an application that
uses the library and just tried running a couple of the samples to
verify that it wasn't our app that was causing the problem.

>> Is there anything obvious I've broken or missed in the configuration of
>> my PS3?
>
> The initial problem could be that your spufs is not mounted.
> Try 'mount' and make sure you see something like:
>
> 'spufs on /spu type spufs (rw)'
Thanks for this tip, I have verified that spufs is mounted.

> However, I am noticing another MARS internal problem calling into the NUMA
> layer which will ultimately cause the same problem even after spufs is
> properly mounted. The problem will be looked into and a fix should be
> released in the near future.
Thanks, I'll look forward to this fix!

Alistair