[Cbe-oss-dev] intermittent trouble on startup on a QS22 with 2.6.30

Marcus Daniels mdaniels at lanl.gov
Tue Dec 8 05:54:56 EST 2009

Hi Arnd,
> Hmm, the triblade-2.6.28 tree is a bit behind the last version that
> you are using
Some systems here are using 2.6.27 and some are back at 2.6.25.  (I'm
not sure what Roadrunner itself is at, I thought it was 2.6.27 last time
it was used for open science.)   Anyway, I'm actually working on a
standalone development triblade not attached to the two big systems or
their development peers.   It's existing
kernel(2.6.25.14-108.20080907bsc.ppc64) report an Axon driver of 1.0.12,
and the new triblade 2.6.28 build reports 1.0.18 (but the latter
apparently doesn't provide devices, and thus apnet also doesn't load).

I suspect I can use the systemsim to track loading of these drivers, but
haven't tried that yet.  Thought I'd see if I was even using the right
source code first.

The conversations I heard about this was that 2.6.27 was as far as
experiments had been conducted.  (I could easily be poorly informed,
however.)

Thanks,

Marcus