[Cbe-oss-dev] intermittent trouble on startup on a QS22 with 2.6.30

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue Dec 8 06:19:19 EST 2009

On Monday 07 December 2009, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> Some systems here are using 2.6.27 and some are back at 2.6.25.  (I'm
> not sure what Roadrunner itself is at, I thought it was 2.6.27 last time
> it was used for open science.)   Anyway, I'm actually working on a
> standalone development triblade not attached to the two big systems or
> their development peers.   It's existing
> kernel(2.6.25.14-108.20080907bsc.ppc64) report an Axon driver of 1.0.12,
> and the new triblade 2.6.28 build reports 1.0.18 (but the latter
> apparently doesn't provide devices, and thus apnet also doesn't load).

The latest version of the driver should be 1.1.0, maybe even later, and
it's available for both 2.6.25 and 2.6.27, but I have not ported it to
2.6.28.

> The conversations I heard about this was that 2.6.27 was as far as
> experiments had been conducted.  (I could easily be poorly informed,
> however.)

I don't have much insight into your setup, but I've seen a kernel
tree with 2.6.27 that was only supporting the Opteron blades but
was missing some patches required for systemsim and the QS22 blades.
If you use that kernel, you may need to add more patches to run it
on Cell.

	Arnd <><