[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3 petitboot rc release

Jonathan Adamczewski jadamcze at utas.edu.au
Sat Jun 7 11:31:52 EST 2008

Geoff Levand wrote:
> I uploaded a petitboot build ps3-petitboot-rc-08.06.05.bld here:
>
>   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-petitboot/
>
> I think this is stable enough to call a 'release candidate',
> but but has not had thorough testing.  Please report any bugs.

According to http://ozlabs.org/~jk/projects/petitboot/ there should be (wired) sixaxis support - I get no response when I try to use it.

If I press Alt-F1, I get a non-usable console - keypresses are echoed to the screen but have no effect.

While it seems to be possible to edit a kernel command line using the graphical interface, the text of the command line does not follow the cursor position, so - particularly on a standard def screen - the end of the command line cannot be seen to be edited.

Feature request: remote ssh login would be handy to have out of the box.  Could it be included in the build, disabled by default, able to be enabled with a config file option?

j.