[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3 petitboot rc release

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Sun Jun 8 03:35:20 EST 2008

On 06/06/2008 06:31 PM, Jonathan Adamczewski wrote:
> Geoff Levand wrote:
>> I uploaded a petitboot build ps3-petitboot-rc-08.06.05.bld here:
>>
>>   http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-petitboot/
>>
>> I think this is stable enough to call a 'release candidate',
>> but but has not had thorough testing.  Please report any bugs.
>

> According to http://ozlabs.org/~jk/projects/petitboot/ there should be (wired) sixaxis support - I get no response when I try to use it.

I am not familiar with what that petitboot build supports.

I have no plan to support SIXAXIS.  Feel free to submit a
patch against the the patch set at kernel.org if you want
that feature.

> If I press Alt-F1, I get a non-usable console - keypresses are echoed to the screen but have no effect.

Virtual terminals are not supported.  Use 'del' to exit
petitboot to the shell.

> While it seems to be possible to edit a kernel command line using the graphical interface, the text of the command line does not follow the cursor position, so - particularly on a standard def screen - the end of the command line cannot be seen to be edited.

This is to do.  Youshould be able to use the command line
petitboot if you want to do editing.

> Feature request: remote ssh login would be handy to have out of the box.  Could it be included in the build, disabled by default, able to be enabled with a config file option?

It is enabled.  You need to set a root password for it to
work.  I recommend you use telnet.