[Cbe-oss-dev] ps3 petitboot rc release

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Sat Jun 7 04:58:41 EST 2008

I uploaded a petitboot build ps3-petitboot-rc-08.06.05.bld here:

  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-petitboot/

I think this is stable enough to call a 'release candidate',
but but has not had thorough testing.  Please report any bugs.

This release is not for general use.  If you are not comfortable
installing and using untested and unsupported software, please
do not install it.

This version should be a direct replacement for existing kboot
installations.  It can read both kboot.conf and yaboot.conf files,
and provides all the loader functionality of kboot.  It has both
graphical and command line interfaces, and supports remote login
through telnet and ssh.  This build starts the graphical interface
on the console.