[Cbe-oss-dev] [RFC/PATCH 2/2] spufs: Add a "capabilities" file to spu contexts

Ulrich Weigand Ulrich.Weigand at de.ibm.com
Mon May 28 21:11:08 EST 2007

Hi Ben,

this looks fine to me.  One point:

> +   if (!(ctx->flags & SPU_CREATE_NOSCHED))
> +      ADD_ONE_CAP(sched);
> +   if (!(ctx->flags & SPU_CREATE_ISOLATE))
> +      ADD_ONE_CAP(step);

I understand that when running under the simulator, single-stepping
is not supported.  Should you not also check for this, and not report
the step capability in that case?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand | Phone: +49-7031/16-3727
  GNU compiler/toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE