[Cbe-oss-dev] Problems compiling spe-samples-1.0 on PS3

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Wed May 23 08:47:19 EST 2007

Andreas Thorsén wrote:
> generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was

I have Autoconf 2.61, I think that may be the trouble. You
must have an old distro.  I'm not interested in supporting
old stuff.  You should see if there is a package update for
autoconf available.

> configure:1710: checking whether the C compiler works
> configure:1716: ./a.out
> ./configure: line 1717: ./a.out: cannot execute binary file

Here's where it fails.  It doesn't seem to understand it is a
cross-compile.

> host=''
> host_alias='spu'
> host_cpu=''
> host_os=''
> host_vendor=''

I have:

host='spu-unknown-elf'
host_alias='spu'
host_cpu='spu'
host_os='elf'
host_vendor='unknown'

You can try to use the archive I put here, and use the configure.
Don't run bootstrap or autoconf.  It might be enough.

http://cell.gotdns.org/pub/spe-samples-1.1.tar.bz2