[Cbe-oss-dev] Problems compiling spe-samples-1.0 on PS3

Andreas Thorsén cbe at bitwalk.com
Mon May 28 08:42:35 EST 2007

Geoff Levand skrev:
>> generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was
>
> I have Autoconf 2.61, I think that may be the trouble. You
> must have an old distro.  I'm not interested in supporting
> old stuff.  You should see if there is a package update for
> autoconf available.

> Here's where it fails.  It doesn't seem to understand it is a
> cross-compile.
>

>> host=''
>> host_alias='spu'
>> host_cpu=''
>> host_os=''
>> host_vendor=''
>
> I have:
>
> host='spu-unknown-elf'
> host_alias='spu'
> host_cpu='spu'
> host_os='elf'
> host_vendor='unknown'

Is it the job of autoconf to set these host_ variables correctly? I
downloaded and installed autoconf 2.61 but that didn't help. I still
only get host_alias='spu'.

> You can try to use the archive I put here, and use the configure.
> Don't run bootstrap or autoconf.  It might be enough.
>
> http://cell.gotdns.org/pub/spe-samples-1.1.tar.bz2

Unfortunately this didn't work either. :-(

I also tried to install Fedora 7, but with that I was only ever able to
build 64-bit applications. So with that I wasn't even able to compile
the IBM samples. I could not find a 32-bit glibc package that had
stubs-32.h at all.

What distro are you running and testing against?

--Andreas