[Cbe-oss-dev] PS3 performance analysis - errors on loading cellperfctr module

Julio M. Merino Vidal jmerino at ac.upc.edu
Wed Dec 12 20:07:23 EST 2007

On 12/12/2007, at 6:20, Uzi Shvadron wrote:

> cbe-oss-dev-bounces+shvadron=il.ibm.com at ozlabs.org wrote on 12/12/2007
> 02:06:48:
>
> Can one of you guys try the PDT tool on PS3? It comes with the Cell
> SDK3.0.
> The tool provides performance analysis by tracing including profiling
> capabilities. It is purely software base so I do not expect any
> problems as
> I see here. Details can be found in the Programmer's Guide. (We do
> not have
> a PS3 to play with... :-( )

The only problem I have found so far with PDT is that the kernel
module shipped with the SDK does not install with a ps3-linux kernel
(not even with module versioning enabled).  And I doubt that the
kernel distributed with the SDK works on a PS3, nor I want to try.
(Other than that, I assume it works fine but I haven't tried it yet.)

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmerino at ac.upc.edu>