[Cbe-oss-dev] kboot problem using a vga-box

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Tue Aug 7 01:41:02 EST 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Geoff Levand wrote:
> nick kama wrote:
> > I'm using kboot on playstation 3 connected with a vga-box  to a traditional
> > CRT monitor.
> > I'm able to use linux  in this configuration but during kboot execution my
> > monitor does'nt dysplay anything because kboot video output resolution is
> > 480i (is that right?)  that isn't supported  by my monitor and  vga-box.
> > The question : is there any way to change the resolution of kboot at least
> > to 480 p or 720p?
>
> Currently the only way would be to build the bootloader with a config
> that would work for your system.
>
> We just added kernel support to detect the best video mode, and I am adding

This won't help, as autodetection works for HDMI/DVI-D only. All other displays
get 480i/576i.

> support so that kboot can save a user specified default video mode in flash
> mem, but it will be some time before a kboot with that support is available.

The second option would help.

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619