[Cbe-oss-dev] kboot problem using a vga-box

Geoff Levand geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com
Wed Aug 1 05:32:59 EST 2007

nick kama wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using kboot on playstation 3 connected with a vga-box  to a traditional
> CRT monitor.
> I'm able to use linux  in this configuration but during kboot execution my
> monitor does'nt dysplay anything because kboot video output resolution is
> 480i (is that right?)  that isn't supported  by my monitor and  vga-box.
> The question : is there any way to change the resolution of kboot at least
> to 480 p or 720p?

Currently the only way would be to build the bootloader with a config
that would work for your system.

We just added kernel support to detect the best video mode, and I am adding
support so that kboot can save a user specified default video mode in flash
mem, but it will be some time before a kboot with that support is available.

Sorry for the inconvenience.