[c-lightning] Blockchain backends other than bitcoind

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Tue May 1 15:48:38 AEST 2018

Good morning Igor,

I believe Christian has vague plans to eventually have a builtin blockchain blockend that uses Neutrino, but my understanding, it will not get implemented anytime soon yet.

I think it would be useful to know what exactly c-lightning requires of the blockchain:

1.  Tx broadcast.
2.  Monitor of payment to scriptPubKey.
3.  Monitoring of transaction confirmation (getting confirmed, or getting reorged and possibly reducing confirmations).
4.  Monitoring of mempool transaction becoming invalidated (e.g. RBF) <- we do not use this yet, but we really should.
5.  Monitoring of transaction outpoint getting spent (i.e. new valid transaction that spends an outpoint).

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj