[c-lightning] adding new commands to lightning-cli

Christian Decker decker.christian at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 01:19:37 AEDT 2018

Hi Sarat,

`AUTODATA` will take care of registering the json command with the
JSON-RPC framework and you should be able to see your command with
`lightning-cli help` after recompiling and restarting. The `struct
json_command` that you registered with `AUTODATA` contains the method
name and the function to be called when a request matching that method
name comes in. The compiler should be able to help you with the
signature of the function that we expect.

Notice that if the information you require is exposed in some other way,
you can also write a plugin, instead. Plugins can be written in whatever
language you want, and can register options and JSON-RPC methods as well
(more to come in future). So if you don't need information that is not
otherwise exposed that might be a good option (you'd need to run the
unreleased `master` version though).

Cheers,
Christian