[Auugps] Things other than incorporation

David Keegel david.keegel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 17:05:25 EST 2008

The way I see it, AUUGPS will need to have some volunteers doing
things like managing mailing lists and webmaster duties.
It seems to me that working out who are appropriate people to do those
things, not to mention making a list of things that need to be done,
is something that can be done in parallel with investigating
incorporation.

I'm imagining that AUUGPS could nominate a number of people to do
specific AUUG-related things that need to be done.
Having a single clearly defined person with AUUGPS support (dare I say
imprimatur?) for each volunteer position should make it easier to
facilitate a handover of volunteer (and volunteer oversight)
responsibilities and associated passwords/keys/etc from AUUG to
AUUGPS.

It may not get your name on the door, but having de facto control of
some electronic assets should count for something.