[Auugps] Incorporation

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Mon Oct 27 15:43:01 EST 2008

Hi Karl,

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:01:50 +1100 Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:

> > doesn't look to bad, actually (the hard bit is probably making up a
> > sensible set of rules).  We need to do this at least in order to have the
> > license for auug.org.au transferred to us.
>
> Why? Do the .org.au rules demand an incorporated association? If so then
> OK.

Yes, as I said in my reply to Lawrie, the AuDA rules require a legal
entity and the org.au rules require that it not be an individual.

> I have quite a lot of experience writing and modifying rules... the hard
> part is actually getting the objects of the association worked out.

Is my original statement sufficient?  Or do we need more detail?

> I can do the rules, others will need to help with the objects. Would
> prefer not to be on the committee; if needed for the numbers OK, but
> only for the first year.

Thanks for the offer - I was going to try to draft something tonight.  I
started on trying to just note modifications to the Model Rules, but it
was getting out of hand.  There is a list of stuff that must be addressed
in the rules but things that we don't define can default to the
appropriate part of the Model Rules if that is easier.

We only need three members on the committee (I think).  And only 5
members altogether.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au